Technical Report Writing Skills
This workshop is designed for individuals wishing to understand and learn how to write effective reports. It will also assist those individuals who currently write reports to improve their writing skills.
There are several types of reports including memos, formal reports, technical reports, business reports etc. Your reports can influence many people and therefore the ability to write effective and concise reports is essential. On completion of this workshop, participants will have an understanding of:
- The different types of report writing, including business and technical reports
- The purpose of report writing
- Steps in writing a report
- Elements of effective report writing
- The barriers to effective report writing
This workshop will allow participants to practice various methods and approaches to report writing.
The Writing Process
Structuring & Designing Documents
Planning your Report
- How planning can save you time
- Defining your goal
- Targeting your audience
- Structuring your report for great significance and influence
- Methods of writing informative and analytical reports
Writing Reports, Routine Letters & Email
- Developing business and technical style
- Energising your Writing Style
- Communicating clearly and concisely
- Creating logical flow in your writing
- The importance of the topic sentence
- Structuring your paragraphs
- Key components of layout – white space, headings, lists
Avoiding common grammatical errors
- Subject and verb agreement
- Consistent use of verbs & tenses
- Turning passive voice into active writing
- Please note that all information is subject to change. It is advisable to confirm all information before registration
- Registration for all Corporate Training courses can be done at the Champs Fleurs, Port-of-Spain, Trincity or San Fernando Campus.
- Payment of fees can be made by linx, credit card or cheque. SBCS is now CASH FREE!
- An administration fee of $100.00 is payable on all registrations.
- A late fee of $20 will apply on registrations within 1 week of commencement of class.
- A Certificate of participation is awarded to each participant upon satisfying 80% attendance of classes and/or any exam or course-work assigned by lecturer.
9:00 - 4:00