MA New Media and Society
In addition to a thorough grounding in the origins, theoretical development and research methods used in the study of media and communication research this programme offers access to academic knowledge about the history, growth and development of the internet and other related wired and wireless technologies, the different applications to which these technologies have been put, and their social and psychological impact upon users and societies.
Legal, regulatory and issues linked to the political-economy of the internet will also be studied. The programme is international in perspective, examining global developments, but also offers more detailed examination at the local and regional level. It aims to impart knowledge and reflective practice that has relevance to local and regional contexts.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
There are two course presentations each year starting in:
Duration Of Programme
Postgraduate Certificate - 12 Months
Postgraduate Diploma - 20 Months
MA Programmes - 24 Months
Students wishing to commence tuition at SBCS must register at the school at least one (1) month before the course presentation begins.
- Beginning of January for the April intake
- Beginning of August for the October intake
- A completed Application form
- Certified copies of qualifications or transcripts
- 2 Letters of reference and contact details of both referees.
- A current resume
- 2 passport size photos
- An application fee of TT$500.00 (Non refundable) is attached to all applications.
- Any publication that may have been done.
Additionally, please be advised that two (2) copies of the application forms and documents must also accompany your application