Foundation Degree in Security and Risk Management
This Course is divided into two levels, each containing six separate modules. You can choose a study schedule to suit your own needs and pace, undertaking the programme over a period of between two and four years. Sucessful completion of level one module is required for a Certificate qualification, after which you will proceed to level two module that allow you to attain the FdA in Security and Risk Management.
Foundation Degrees are innovative higher road qualification that offer you skills and knowledge demand. The Department of Criminology at the University of Leicester has an international reputation in security and risk management and through this degree, offers a spectrum of subjects calling on the wide range of expertise within the University.
Five (5) CXC 'O' Levels subjects
or Five (5) GCSE 'O' Levels subjects
For your application to be processed, please return the following:
• Completed application form along with two (2) copies of your application
• Three (3) certified copies of original qualifications
• Three (3) passport size pictures
• Two (2) letters of reference and contact details of both referees
• Resume (For applicants with considerable professional experience)
• Personal Statement of five hundred (500) words stating why you want to pursue this programme
Duration Of Programme
Students can undertake the programme over a period of between two to four years. Time varies with respect to the number of modules a student completes per year.
• 3 modules (4 year completion)
• 4 modules (3 year completion)
• 6 modules (2 year completion)
The Application deadline date for applicants is June 12th, 2010 for the September 2010 Intake.
Start dates are as follows:
- September (of each year)
Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)
In order to register for the Foundation Degree Programme and receive the GATE Subsidy,a GATE CLEARANCE APPROVAL document must be obtained from the Ministry of Science, Technology & Tertiary Education (MSTTE).
* If you have never applied for gate then a GATE CLEARANCE application must be completed and submitted to our office.
*If you have applied for gate before, then proof of completion from previous GATE approved programme e.g. grade slips, transcripts, certificates must be attached to your Gate Clearance application.