BSc. Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Programme
Occupational Safety and Health is the science and practice of anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of safety and health hazards arising from the work environment. It includes any aspect of health and safety practice in the work place, ranging from physical injury to biological and chemical hazards. This program is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
To be eligible for entry to the programme you must have at least one of the following:-
COSTAATT Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health; OR
Cipriani College Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Health, OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Technology; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Water Resources Management and Technology; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Agriculture; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Forestry; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Environmental Management; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Physics; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Biology; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in General Nursing; OR
* COSTAATT Associate Degree in Nutrition and Food Science; OR
* Cipriani College Associate Degree in Security Administration and Management; OR
* City and Guilds Electrical and Electronic Advanced Technician Diploma; OR
* Any COSTAATT or Cipriani College Associate Degree in Science and/or Engineering
*Must do “Fundamentals to Health Safety and Environment".
Duration Of Programme
This qualification can be earned in just two (2) years.
Courses Covered Include:
- Management of Risk (MOR) (OMED 1161)
- Physical Agents (PA) (OMED 1162)
- Ergonomics (ERG) (OMED 1163)
- Environmental Industrial Pollution (EIP) (OMED 1164)
- Environmental Industrial Management (EIM) (OMED 1165)
- Chemical Hazards (CH) (OMED 1303)
- Dissertation – a substantial individual project of the student’s choice.(BUIL 1075)
The BSc (Hon) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Programme is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), Europe's leading body for health and safety professionals, which represents 27,000 members in over 50 countries. Graduates will be eligible to apply for graduate membership from IOSH. For further information, visit their website at http://www.iosh.co.uk/
Aims and Objectives
This programme aims to produce resourceful, competent professionals with a range of skills relevant to modern industry in the field of health and safety. It also aims to develop an understanding of the subject from a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspective.
It is expected that students graduating with a BSc (Hon) Occupational Safety, Health and Environment degree will, if already working in this field, be able to develop their career by demonstrating competency in the strategic management of health, safety and risk.
Other students who desire a career in this field will be able to improve their employment and career opportunities by demonstrating high quality health, safety and risk management knowledge and skills.
Kindly email the Center for University of Greenwich Programmes at email@example.com to contact:
- Cheri-Colleen Cadore - Senior Course Administrator
- Crystal Lezama - Assistant Course Administrator
- Renokha Jadulal - Course Administrator I
SBCS is an Approved Learning Centre for all HSE programmes from the University of Greenwich.
- Semester 1: Jan 2015 - June 2015
- Semester 2: Jul 2015 - December 2015
- Semester 3: Jan 2016 - June 2016
- Semester 4: Jul 2016 - December 2016
The deadline date for registration for the January 2015 intake is Friday December 19th, 2014.
- First proceed to the Centre for University of Greenwich Programmes Unit for verification of your entry qualifications before any payments or registration can be done.
- You must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting any of the followong options:
- Original Academic Certificates and Official Transcripts (with two copies of each)
- Official Transcript and Completion Letter from the awarding educational institute.
- In cases where official student transcripts are used for registration with SBCS, students must request their original transcript from the relevant examination body/educational institute and have same forwarded to:
Senior Course Administrator
School of Business and Computer Science Ltd
53-54 Sagan Drive
Trinidad, West Indies
- If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you are then required to complete the following forms:
- University of Greenwich Application Form (for registration with the University)
- SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS)
- GATE Application and Clearance Forms (for tuition funding -nationals only)
- After completing the necessary forms, students would be required to make the relevant payment of fees to SBCS. After making payment(s), kindly present the receipt to the Centre for University of Greenwich Programmes for recording of the receipt number.
- If students require an acceptance letter after registration, please make this request on the necessary form at the Centre for University of Greenwich Programmes Unit. Please note that letter(s) can be collected after three (3) working days.
Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)
For students wishing to access GATE funding, the Ministry of Tertiary Education and Skills Training (MTEST) has implemented changes to their funding policy for all students. Students are now required to submit an online E-GATE application each semester for approval for funding.
Once your eligibility has been confirmed you would be required to visit any TTConnect location, to apply for credentials to begin the process.
Documents required included your original Birth Certificate, National ID or Passport and a valid email address.
After receiving your credentials from MTEST, you will be required to log-in to the E-GATE to complete your application for funding.
More information regarding this process can be obtained from Course Administration.