MBA Master in Business Administration
The Edinburgh Business School MBA, Heriot-Watt University has been ranked as Europe's Largest Distance Learning MBA and the second largest in the world by the Financial Times Newspaper survey of approximately 20 of the top global distance learning MBAs.
The MBA programme is offered at our Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity and Port Of Spain campuses.
A first or second class honors degree from a recognised University or other institute of Higher Education recognized by the Senate of Heriot-Watt University.
Alternatively, you will be admitted onto the MBA when you have passed three MBA Courses which must include at least 1 Core Course.
There are two tuition intakes per year for the seven (7) Core Courses:
- January - May
- July - November
Students can choose from the following :
2. Specialisms in Finance, Marketing , Human Resource Management and Strategic Planning
The General MBA consists of seven (7) compulsory and any two elective courses
The Specialism MBA consists of the seven (7) compulsory and four (4) elective courses from the specialist group
Please furnish us with the following items when registering for the Heriot-Watt MBA programme:
- Birth Certificate + Marriage Certificate (if applicable) OR National ID OR Trinidad & Tobago Passport.
- One (1) passport size photograph.
- All relevant qualifications e.g. Degrees, transcripts or ACCA membership status documents.
- Gate Clearance Approval letter from MSTTE.
Note: ALL DOCUMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE MUST BE PRESENTED IN THEIR ORIGINAL STATE ALONG WITH COPIES.
Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)
Gate covers 50% of Tuition costs up to $20,000.00 for the academic year.
- Please note, if a student wishes to pursue two additional courses to receive the MBA Specialism (Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management or Strategic Planning), these two courses must be paid for in full, as GATE only covers 50% of Tuition for up to nine Modules.
In order to register for the MBA Programme and receive the GATE Subsidy a GATE CLEARANCE APPROVAL document must first be obtained from the Ministry of Tertiary Education & Skills Training (MTEST).
- If you have never applied for gate then a GATE CLEARANCE application must be completed and submitted to our office.
- If you have applied for gate before, then proof of completion from previous GATE approved programme e.g. grade slips, transcripts, certificates must be attached to your Gate Clearance application.
GATE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR JULY 2013 SEMESTER
Continuing Students- Saturday, April 6th, 2013
New Students- Saturday, April 20th, 2013
Examination sessions, known as diets, are held in all exam centres for all courses in June and December each year. Minor exam sessions are held in March and August in selected locations for selected courses. A full examination timetable is available on the EBS Student Services website.
Each exam is a 3 hour written exam per course. All questions are compulsory: you do not have a choice. Exam scripts are marked by EBS Faculty and are rigorously scrutinised by external examiners from other UK universities. You are permitted a maximum of two examination attempts for each core course. There is a fee of £100 for each exam you sit
Exam Registration Deadlines
31 January for the March Diet
20 February for the June Diet
17 July for the August Diet
20 August for the December Diet
E.B.S Online Deadlines
7 February for the March Diet
1 March for the June Diet
24 July for the August Diet
1 September for the December Diet
Exemptions from specific core courses may be granted to holders of recognised academic or professional qualifications if they are of degree level and if they have been obtained by examination. You cannot be granted exemption from an elective course.
Eligibility for exemption is based on academic achievement only, not on work experience! You are advised not to purchase a course until you have applied for and received a response from Edinburgh Business School on your exemption.
If your application is unsuccessful, the exemption fee will be used to cover your exam fee in the respective course and you should contact your SBCS Student Advisor to purchase your course.
Additional Information - Registration as a Heriot-Watt University MBA Student ensures that the student will automatically be registered as a matriculated part-time student at Heriot-Watt University , and as such will receive a matriculation card.
For further information on exemptions please see following link